Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Pottery Barn Inspiration

What's the best thing about bad winter weather? Snow days :). Last Friday we had the day off due to bad weather, so I was completely lazy & did absolutely nothing, lol. But I guess I had a lot of pinned up energy because Saturday, I got busy on the house again.



1st Project : Picture Collage

A couple of weekends ago I visited my parents in Louisiana, and we ended up visiting a Pottery Barn store in Baton Rouge. While we were there I fell in love with their staged photo collage wall, so I took a picture on my iphone for inspiration :).



This is my big empty wall I decided to tackle :).
The wall is right by my entry door as you walk into the living room. I just had a few large pictures propped up on top of the console, but it didn't fill this large wall very well.



So I went through my house & got all my extra picture frames I had laying around & moved & sorted A LOT until I found a layout I liked. A good way to use extra picture frames!



I used some large paper (mine is actually 2 sheets of wrapping paper taped together) & traced the frames with pencil onto the sheet.



Then I hung it on the wall where I wanted it to go.



This part was a little time consuming, but then I measured and punched a hole where each picture should hang.



Then all I had to do was take down the paper, put a nail where I had punched all the holes, and voila!





I love the way it's fun and eclectic and fills up my big wall. What do you think?



-Cassie

No comments:

Post a Comment